Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Eye-Opening Read


So, I'm currently reading the controversial book, 'Infidel' by Ayaan Hirsi Ali, that exposes Islam and the intricacies of the religion.

The author and critic of Islam, Ali, explains her life growing up in Somalia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt etc escaping political turmoil. The book is both shocking and eye-opening on so many levels! (Religion, day-to-day life in a predominantly Muslim country in the '80's, her home life etc...)

I'm only half-way through but it is one of those drug-like books that sticks in your mind and you can't wait to get your next hit!

Great book for anyone looking for a more serious, and interesting read these holidays.

(Image from here)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments always make my day. Thank you you fabulous blogging specimens!

Copyright Disclaimer:

This blog is a tracking of my ramblings - however sporadic and "un-meaning" my works may be they are still mine (unless otherwise expressed), not yours! No works may be copied from this blog. All works on this blog; writings, photos and recipes must be referenced back to me.