Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Enchanting Case of Benjamin Button


I just saw the Curious Case of Benjamin Button with P. and I have to say it is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time... P. agreed.

As the post's title suggests it was truly enchanting.

It was acted superbly by both Pitt and Blanchett - they took the roles on fully, so much so that I forgot that they lead separate lives outside the film.


But above all, the story was enchantingly written by F.Scott Fitzgerald. I may go so far as to say that he is my favourite novelist - although I have not read this book of his.


However, his other well-known book, my favourite novel the Great Gatsby, gives me the same feeling as this movie does - the feeling of enchantment: as if I am spinning on my head, happily & weightlessly (much like blanchett in the image above).

I don't know why I feel like this because neither of these stories have those stereotypical 'heart-swelling' endings -but they're marvellous and magically romantic.

Have you seen it?

What do you think of F.Scott Fitzgerald?

(Image 1 from LittleDebbie11, Image 2&3 from cottoncandy, )

3 comments:

Maggie May said...

if you like Fitz i recommend reading 'Zelda' which is a bio about his wife but so very much about him as well, an amazing book.

Kimberlee said...

Really? The movie was really good? I was going to wait for the DVD but maybe I might have to head out to the movies this week..

Haven't seen Australia yet either - think I'm a bit afraid. I LOVE all of Baz's movies so if I don't like this I think I'll be devastated.... x

katie t said...

i did not realize that this had been written by fitzgerald? hmmmm...

...i've heard really good reviews about this too so i'm going this week and will have to get back to you :)

Post a Comment

Your comments always make my day. Thank you you fabulous blogging specimens!

Copyright Disclaimer:

This blog is a tracking of my ramblings - however sporadic and "un-meaning" my works may be they are still mine (unless otherwise expressed), not yours! No works may be copied from this blog. All works on this blog; writings, photos and recipes must be referenced back to me.