Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Inauguration Party # 2


The venue is set,
final preparations are being made, excitement is mounting....

It's Inuaguration time! And as I mentioned before, I'm having an Inauguration party!

And so far, I've decided what food I'm serving (a lot I know but I'm expecting 20 or so people);
  • Cheese straws,
  • Pretzels,
  • Chips & guacamole,
  • Pizzas,
  • KFC,
  • Brownies,
  • Oreos
how I'm decorating;
  • Obama's memorable quotes,
  • Posters & photos of the President-Elect,
  • Red, white & blue streamers,
  • Candles (it will be night here),
  • Everyone is getting a Hawaiian lai as they arrive,
what everyone will drink;
  • Budweiser beer,
  • Hawaiian punch,
  • And champagne when he is officially inaugurated (ceremony will be replayed),
and what music I'm playing
  • Bruce Springsteen,
  • Bob Dylan,
  • Yo-Yo Mama,
  • Stevie Wonder,
  • Will.i.am etc
However, I still have a few questions and would love to hear your answers/suggestions;

1. Do you know a great recipe for (alcoholic) Hawaiian punch?
2. What is your favourite Obama quote?

(Rally photo from here, Springsteen image from Epiclectic)

4 comments:

chloe said...

sounds wonderful! i wish i could come...
xx
countrybelle/chloe

Gabby said...

Hello! New to your blog, but just had to comment! I love your inauguration party ideas! My two cents:
Vodka and Hawaiian punch is fantastic!
And I get chills from this Obama quote: "We know the battle ahead will be long, but always remember that no matter what obstacles stand in our way, nothing can stand in the way of the power of millions of voices calling for change."
Have a great time!
gabby

Annabelle said...

Thanks for the tip Gabby, (vodka hawaiian punch) and shall definitely be posting that quote! Beautiful.. he gives me chills too... Thanks so much for commenting.

Prêt à Voyager said...

how was your party???

a

Post a Comment

Your comments always make my day. Thank you you fabulous blogging specimens!

Copyright Disclaimer:

This blog is a tracking of my ramblings - however sporadic and "un-meaning" my works may be they are still mine (unless otherwise expressed), not yours! No works may be copied from this blog. All works on this blog; writings, photos and recipes must be referenced back to me.