Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Inauguration Party: Barockin'

So, a few of you were interested to hear how my Obama Inauguration Party went, answer = excellently!

I had a mismatched mix of guests but they all seemed to mesh... we sat around and watched history play out (well replay out), had a few drinks... overall - great fun, relaxed, basically Barockin'!

I recieved compliments on the decorations too!

Although, I felt as if I was running around the whole night, seeing guests in - out, getting more drinks etc - so I didn't get to chat to everyone too much. Is this the usual feeling as a hostess? (It was my first party).

What an amazing moment: beautifully accompanied by Beyonce. A phenomenal rendition of my favourite song; "At Last" - please take the time out to watch it.

But I guess when it boils down to it, I had my friends together to celebrate a fantastic historic occasion and it was so lovely.

Wasn't the President's speech (it's so wonderful to call him President!) fabulous? So strong and promising... I felt patriotic and I'm not even American! The U.S. deserved this after G.W. Stooooopid!

Am heading to bed now, 9 hours sleep in 48 hours = obamafatigue!

But what I really want to know is, how did you spend inauguration day?

(Fabulous images 1, 2 & 4 stolen from Anne at,
Prêt à Voyager, who was lucky enough to attend the celebrations in Washington! Check out her 'Lessons Learned' on Inauguration day. Image 3 from the Huffpost.)

2 comments:

Prêt à Voyager said...

hi annie! glad you loved the images. thanks for the photo credits and shout outs :)

best wishes,
anne

chloe said...

OBAMA! wonderful. so glad your party went well. but what did you wear???
thank you for your sweet comment. have i told you i adore the name annabelle. a gorgeous perfect name!
xx
chloe

Post a Comment

Your comments always make my day. Thank you you fabulous blogging specimens!

Copyright Disclaimer:

This blog is a tracking of my ramblings - however sporadic and "un-meaning" my works may be they are still mine (unless otherwise expressed), not yours! No works may be copied from this blog. All works on this blog; writings, photos and recipes must be referenced back to me.