Thursday, January 29, 2009

Milf Island:"We no longer want to hit that." **UPDATED

Those of you who watch 30 Rock, will completely 'get' this post title, but those of you who don't, well you'll just think I'm a creepy pervert (here's a clip to explain)...




Anyway the reason I'm posting about this is that I bought P. a "Milf Island" t-shirt from the online NBC store as a surprise for V-day (because he thinks it's hilarious).

I ordered it in a medium - because he's usually that size (however there were no dimensions on the site, so I was taking a wild guess).

When I excitedly tore open the package yesterday, inside was a shirt that would fit me (usually a small)! So now I'm stuck with the dilemma of exchanging it for a larger size...

Not as simple as it sounds. I have to FedEx it back to the U.S. and guess how much that would cost me - $160 Aus (about $100 U.S.) thats about 10 x the price of the shirt!!

But I've been talking with NBC customer service and they will cover the cost... Very annoying though and now it won't be here for V-day - bad when surprises go wrong.

So my question is, does anyone have any effective yet not too pricey V-day solution to surprise my bf with before the shirt gets here?

........................................................................................................................................

**UPDATE:

NBC replied and said they will cover the postage costs to exchange the shirt, but not any "...import taxes or duties imposed on international orders by the shipping carrier," what does THAT mean!? I don't understand NBC-SPEAK.

But I've devised my options, would love your opinion...

Option 1: Buy a new one in a Large for P. and sell the Medium on ebay?
Option 2: Try to exchange the Medium through the post and risk paying more than I did for the t-shirt in import taxes?

4 comments:

Char said...

is there something else you could do that does bring up 30 Rock and then wrap a box with a picture of the tee in it? Like wear Liz Lemon glasses or something?

Annabelle said...

That is such a great idea!! I'll print out that pic of the shirt and then tie a subtle 30 Rock element into the day - Liz Lemon glasses are a great idea! Thanks Char :-)

molly said...

thanks so much for featuring me :)
i LOVE 30 rock and MILF island!!

...love Maegan said...

wow....that's a lot for shipping!!! for a t-shirt. Although, MILF island is funny ...and so is 30Rock ...could you keep it for yourself and order another one? Then you could wear them together ...lol. Possibly even funnier.

Post a Comment

Your comments always make my day. Thank you you fabulous blogging specimens!

Copyright Disclaimer:

This blog is a tracking of my ramblings - however sporadic and "un-meaning" my works may be they are still mine (unless otherwise expressed), not yours! No works may be copied from this blog. All works on this blog; writings, photos and recipes must be referenced back to me.