Monday, March 02, 2009

A List of Life's Lessons

Well, the theme of my blog started out as the tracking of my life through my daily To Do lists, however, with a broken scanner and other ideas - this dwindled.

Also, I wondered how interested you'd be to read them? They aren't too thrilling, but let me know your opinion.

Happiness in NYC: A post-wedding action shot I took outside City Hall last July - see the bouquet in the air?

Anyway back to my point, I do have one list of 20 things that I'd love to share with you. I was clicking around the Oprah website a while back and came across this list of hers, it's wonderful:
  1. What you put out comes back all the time, no matter what.
  2. You define your own life. Don't let other people write your script.
  3. Whatever someone did to you in he past has no power over the present. Only you give it power.
  4. When people show you who they are, believe them the first time. (A lesson learnt from Maya Angelou).
  5. Worrying is wasted time. Use the same energy for doing something about whatever worries you.
  6. What you believe has more power than what you dream, wish or hope for. You become what you believe.
  7. If the only prayer you ever say is thank you, that will be enough. (From the German theologian and humanist Meister Eckhart).
  8. The happiness you feel is in direct proportion to the love you give.
  9. Failure is a signpost to turn you in another direction.
  10. If you make a choice that goes against what everyone else thinks, the world will not fall apart.
  11. Trust your instincts. Intuition doesn't lie.
  12. Love yourself and then learn to extend that love to others in every encounter.
  13. Let passion drive your profession.
  14. Find a way to get paid for doing what you love. Then every paycheck will be a bonus.
  15. Love doesn't hurt. It feels really good.
  16. Every day brings a new chance to start over.
  17. Being a mother is the hardest job on earth. Women everywhere must declare it so.
  18. Doubt means don't. Don't move. Don't answer. Don't rush forward.
  19. When you don't know what to do, get still. The answer will come.
  20. "Trouble don't last always." (A line from a Negro spiritual, which calls to mind another favourite, "This too, shall pass.")
Hope you enjoyed these little snippets of optimism and happiness, as much as I enjoyed typing them out. These words always warm my heart and renew my sense of hope in myself, my future... everything.

I hope they have the same affect on you.

12 comments:

Char said...

I've read and loved this list before too - it has some excellent advice. I especially listen now to #4 - it will save a lot of heartache in the long run.

katie t said...

this list is great!

every single one of them are correct! i wish everyone could live by them. think how happy and wonderful our world would be :)

Bradford said...

What's that dude doing going for that bouquet?:)

Fifi Flowers said...

LOVE the post wedding photo.. it is a FAB shot!

Miss Aimee said...

what a beautiful list to live by! I love the list and LOVE love love thinking along those lines! beautiful. Go girl go! I am right there with you...

Annabelle said...

Oh I'm so glad you all enjoy the list too! :-) Thank you for the lovely comments.
Bradford: I think he was the wedding photographer - joining into the festivities!

chloe said...

thank you for these wonderful bits of advice and hope! and your tea set collection sounds lovely :)
xx
chloe

Sara Christine said...

WOW. This list is so inspiring. So glad you visited my blog and brought me to this! xo

Anonymous said...

You should take part in a contest for one of the finest
websites on the net. I will highly recommend this blog!


my web blog - Online cash

Anonymous said...

Excellent goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely fantastic. I actually like what you've acquired here, really like what you are stating and
the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it wise.
I can not wait to read far more from you. This is actually a tremendous web site.


Here is my webpage: youtube hits

Anonymous said...

These are in fact enormous ideas in on the topic of blogging.

You have touched some pleasant points here. Any way keep up
wrinting.

Feel free to visit my site; forgot password

Anonymous said...

Howdy, I believe your web site may be having
web browser compatibility problems. When I look at your web site in Safari, it looks fine but
when opening in Internet Explorer, it's got some overlapping issues. I merely wanted to provide you with a quick heads up! Aside from that, excellent website!

my web blog: forgot twitter password

Post a Comment

Your comments always make my day. Thank you you fabulous blogging specimens!

Copyright Disclaimer:

This blog is a tracking of my ramblings - however sporadic and "un-meaning" my works may be they are still mine (unless otherwise expressed), not yours! No works may be copied from this blog. All works on this blog; writings, photos and recipes must be referenced back to me.