Sunday, March 15, 2009

So, it Wasn't a Homeless Man, it Was This Guy...

Friday: when I went to interview the homeless man who sells the Big Issue, he wasn't at his selling post because it was raining!

After some minor (aka major) freaking out about what I was going to do my feature article on (which is due this Wednesday!), I came accross this nice accordion busker, George.


He intrigued me because I went to throw some money into his collection case, and he didn't have one! Ended up being a very interesting fellow.

So have nearly finished the article and will post it on here when it is polished.

The weekend has zoomed by once again and over Sat & Sun I've: Hung out with P. Hit the farmer's markets and done "me" things (eg.consumed dangerous amounts of herbal/green teas whilst reading the Huffpost, Gawker and logging on to Tweetdeck!).

On my desk: My teapot and filled tea cup, warming sight.

Made crepes this morning for breakfast, nothing beats a steaming nutella slathered crepe, a crisp cup of tea and great company.


Here's the best and simplest crepe recipe du monde
(makes approx 16):

  • Ingredients
2 cups plain flour
4 eggs
2 1/2 cups of whole milk
2 tablespoons butter
A pinch of salt

  • Directions
1. Sift flour and mix with salt in a bowl.
2. Make a well and pour in eggs. Stir well.
3. Slowly pour in milk while stirring. Keep stirring batter until small bubbles form on the surface.
4. Stir in Butter.

To learn how to prepare the crepes, read on here.

Voilà!

So what have you been up to?

Shall post some Sunday afternoon reads next.


3 comments:

constance said...

i always wanted to meet a homeless person. i don't know, they all seem to have an interesting story to tell! you're lucky that you got to know one..!
xx
constance

Char said...

let's see, emptied the storage room, my nephew's baptism, lunch with family....television. all good stuff.

the crepes sound so yummy

Char said...

let's see, emptied the storage room, my nephew's baptism, lunch with family....television. all good stuff.

the crepes sound so yummy

Post a Comment

Your comments always make my day. Thank you you fabulous blogging specimens!

Copyright Disclaimer:

This blog is a tracking of my ramblings - however sporadic and "un-meaning" my works may be they are still mine (unless otherwise expressed), not yours! No works may be copied from this blog. All works on this blog; writings, photos and recipes must be referenced back to me.