Sunday, April 12, 2009

French Hot Cross Buns & the Aztec Gods Goodness

So P. and I are up at the coast this weekend, celebrating Easter with my Grandparents and his family.

We went out to a delicious Persian restaurant last night - it was delicious, has anyone else ever tried a Persian Love Cake? Holy moly it's absolutely delicious!!

Click on the photo for the recipe and photo link.

It's a nutty, delicious, lemony cake... here's the recipe from the exact restaurant we went to! I will be giving it a go in the next coming weeks - I hope I can do it justice.

Back to lost of food, we have been gluttonous with our Aztec God chocolate consumption! A fair few Easter bunnies have been shared, as well as some homemade rocky road!

Flickr: Delicious photograph by Fenners1984.

On top of that, we've polished off some hot cross buns from the French pattiserie near my Grandparent's beach place - I love them warm, toasted, topped with melting butter and paired with a beautifully steaming cup of crisp green tea...

Oh I love this day... I hope you all have a wonderful Easter, remember the true meaning and also the fabulous time it provides for Family bonding.

Joyeux Paques! Buona Pasqua! Glad Pask! Pask Seder! Happy Easter!

P.S. Does anyone know the origin of Hot Cross buns? Those delicious puff balls of raisins, cloud-like dough and salty, creamy butter.

6 comments:

Maggie May said...

Oh God I'm so glad we are eating now, I"m starving!

{lucie} said...

mmmm... your day seems very perfect... Happy Easter swwety!
I'm going to do a Lille list!! actually, in July I'll leave Lille, I hope to move in Paris. Lille is very closed to Paris, so even if I don't live there, we could to see during a nice week end!love

Indie.Tea said...

The cake looks delicious too...and homemade rocky road ice cream - yum!

emily said...

Yes, I actually do know where Hot Cross Buns come from. It was originally a pagan tradition to eat fruit studded buns at their spring festival. The catholic church could not stop people from eating them, no matter how hard they tried, so they put an icing cross on them to represent the crucifixion of Christ and incorporated them into Easter.

Don't ask me how I know that.

red.door.read said...

i haven't tried it but it looks wonderful. i'd love to know the restaurant so i can visit?

heartshapedmorning said...

mmm, those pictures are so yummy!

Post a Comment

Your comments always make my day. Thank you you fabulous blogging specimens!

Copyright Disclaimer:

This blog is a tracking of my ramblings - however sporadic and "un-meaning" my works may be they are still mine (unless otherwise expressed), not yours! No works may be copied from this blog. All works on this blog; writings, photos and recipes must be referenced back to me.