Monday, April 27, 2009

iGive Up!


Dear my once "trust-worthy" iPod,

SCREW YOU!

Regards (yes
just regards, you don't deserve a 'Kind Regards'),

Annie


Flickr: Image from chillipeppers4u2

Anger management needed? Well, yes probably but let me explain the situation and then you can tell me whether you'd write that iPod hate mail any differently.

On Saturday morning I had an interview to conduct with a prominent Australian Pacific media Foreign Correspondent. I took along my "trusty", 2 year old iPod with it's voice recording attachment.

The meeting that I had estimated to last half an hour went on for an hour and a half - extra time is always great when you're writing a profile piece! So I was elated.

Although towards the end of the meeting, I noticed my ipod was doing some funky stuff, flashing that piece of fruit they made as their logo over and over (it's a technology company, what's an apple got to do with it? I think they were high when they came up with that one).

I raced home as soon as the meeting concluded so that I could charge my iPod, thinking it had just died after 1 and 1/2 of recording - plausible and acceptable.

No such luck, it didn't turn on - my recording notes of the entire meeting, LOST!

Needless to say, I flew into a panic. P. arrived, calmed me down. And I chained myself to the desk to pump the interview's minituae out of my mind and onto screen.

I ended up remembering a lot, pretty much most of the interview and quotes (well done to that good ol' grey matter).

Anyway, after this I became preoccupied with writing the story and completing assignments, but now I've zapped back to reality.

This iPod will now join the other on my desk which died after 2 years in action as well.

They make great paper-weights.

Anyone had iPod dilemmas? Or, better yet, what's a better MP3 for me to upgrade to?

6 comments:

Char said...

I've only had the big ones and never used them as anything but a player. It still seems to work well but I'm pretty delicate to it.

Miss Aimee said...

OMG> technology! that sucks, but yeah for You and your memory.

Annabelle said...

It was a real eye-opener as to how much a great soaker-upperer my brain is - I remembered most of it!!

Prêt à Voyager said...

bummer! still, take it to an apple store - they're all around the world...but the thought of using it as a paper weight does make me smile :)

anne

red.door.read said...

i've had my ipod for around 5 years - my gripe is with itunes...it always fucks up.

Maggie May said...

i just miss mine! my son lost it. grrrr

Post a Comment

Your comments always make my day. Thank you you fabulous blogging specimens!

Copyright Disclaimer:

This blog is a tracking of my ramblings - however sporadic and "un-meaning" my works may be they are still mine (unless otherwise expressed), not yours! No works may be copied from this blog. All works on this blog; writings, photos and recipes must be referenced back to me.