Sunday, May 31, 2009

Replace One Book With Another

You may have noticed that there has been a slight increase in recipes and food posts over the past few days... the reason? Well, I enjoy baking, but essentially it's because I can again.

As uni work slows down with first semester holidays within close sight, my "Journalism Ethics" books are being replaced by Bill's cookbooks, Donna Hay cooking magazines and many internet recipe print outs...

Cooking is my calm place, my de-stress place.
It's where I can look at something that begins on a piece of paper, then as a bunch of random ingredients and finally as a syncronised finished product. It's pretty lovely.

Me to a T: Tea and cake, my fuel of choice.

Anyway, other news?

I went to my first "Twitter Meet-Up" this week. I wrote a story about Twitter for my Feature Writing class and went to a coffee with a few other Twitterers on Friday morning, got some great interviews and met some lovely people.

I'm really blown away with the possibilities of this new social media site. Are you on it? Drop in on mine and say hello.

How was your weekend? Do you have any delicious recipes to share?

Hope you had a nice one.
..

2 comments:

Char said...

I've been a twitter follower for a while. :) apple cake sounds fantastic.

katie t said...

I STILL NEED TO DO THE TWITTER THING SO MAYBE I'LL TRY IT?

FOOD? COOKING? SO NOT NOT MY THING!

Post a Comment

Your comments always make my day. Thank you you fabulous blogging specimens!

Copyright Disclaimer:

This blog is a tracking of my ramblings - however sporadic and "un-meaning" my works may be they are still mine (unless otherwise expressed), not yours! No works may be copied from this blog. All works on this blog; writings, photos and recipes must be referenced back to me.