Monday, May 18, 2009

The Whole Truth or Everything But?

I was speaking with my friend Lizzie the other day (who always has lovely things to say about my blog) and I confessed to her how I ate an entire packet of biscuits in a day a few weks ago... (It was uni work stress-induced)!

Image from Flickr: Framboise

Anyway soon after the conversation lead onto my blog and she said that I should share that kind of stuff with you all... Not my mundane daily activities but the truth.

When I click on a blog to find the blogger gabbing about how swell and great their life is, how excellent their healthy, muscley 40kg body is and what great work they're doing I can't help but think, "Screw you"...

And yet most of the time, I really only highlight these parts of my life too...

So I'd like to know what you think? Would you like to hear about my guilty pleasures (eg. the biscuit story) as they happen? Or do you want to hear the happy stuff?

6 comments:

Bradford said...

More guilty pleasures...and I hope there will be more decadence than eating some biscuits.:)

beth said...

funny....char and I were just talkng about this and how everyone can be so peppy and life can be so great on their blogs....but come on....it can't be that way everyday !!!

so sure....give us some stories !!!!

Char said...

hahaha, Beth, you and I are so on the same wavelength. the thing is, be authentic and do what feels right to you. As Beth and I discussed, people do have a tendency to discount true happiness all the time and find it boring. That's not the same as a positive message - I mean my life is screwed up because of unemployment but I try to find the positive where I can or I would go insane. But at the same time, I can't sit around all day going woe is me because that would not be appealing either, right? So, what I like about my blog is that a lot of people tell me that my blog is like a phone conversation with a good friend. I'll leave you with a quote from an old Edwin McCain song - the good, the bad, the happy and the sad - I want it all. ((hugs))

katie t said...

i know. i have had that same feeling "like their lives are perfect and wonderful and my life is ......" sooooo though i have never felt that about you, just give us a mixture of the goods and the bads or your "real" life :)

it's nice to hear that in our own ways, we are all still the same!

Hello Lindello said...

I think your blog should be honest. So include the good, the bad, and the ugly! I need to follow that advice as well. I don't want to be caught up in the "perfect" life, when no such life exists!

Annabelle said...

Char, love your quote, that your blog "is like a phone conversation with a good friend," very true.. Okay cfrom all of your fabulous feedback I have decided to bring u all along for the ride, the truthful ride.

P.S. dw I'm not a "negative nelly" so you won't be hearing "woe is me" posts - you'll just hear, well, more!

Post a Comment

Your comments always make my day. Thank you you fabulous blogging specimens!

Copyright Disclaimer:

This blog is a tracking of my ramblings - however sporadic and "un-meaning" my works may be they are still mine (unless otherwise expressed), not yours! No works may be copied from this blog. All works on this blog; writings, photos and recipes must be referenced back to me.