Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Monroe's LIFE

LIFE Magazine has recently uncovered many never-before published photos taken of Marilyn Monroe at the beginning of her career.


She looks so naive, eager and juvenile...


She is one of my most favourite celebrities; cliche I know, but for me, her untimely death shrouds her with much intrigue.


Also, I think her healthy, feminine body-shape is one that should be encouraged in the mainstream today... rather than boys with long hair being the industry model.


She would definitely recieve an invite to my fantasy dinner party - she seems like a lot of fun.

Who's your favourite celebrity (either modern or old-world), why?

8 comments:

Hello Lindello said...

mines not really a celebrity, but i just love annie hall! those pics of marilyn are great. I agree-industry should encourage more of her body type.

Char said...

Katherine Hepburn and Audrey Hepburn .... and ... Cary Grant...and so many more. I love the 40's and 50's.

Tarja Mustonen-Blomquist said...

Greta Garbo, she was so mystikcwomen! and Marilyn of course!

Boubou said...

bonjour !
first time i come across your blog so im gonna visit it now :)
ps : lovelyheader !
well if you wanna be inspired by mu collages or just dream, come and visit my blog !
a bientot !
Boubouteatime xx

the maisies said...

is wish there were more marilyn bodytypes on the catwalk today. can you imagine how amazing that would be?

Annabelle said...

Ooh Hello Lindello; Annie Hall is one of my faves too - great kind of katherine hepburn-y style, and also she's so funny and dorky :-) (I can relate!)

Char, I love the 40's and 50's too, although after watching Mad Men, I've come to realise that what we forgoe in this era with fashion, style and icons; we gain in racial and female rights and egality! surely a better thing?

Vodka Mom said...

Those were amazing!!

K @ Blog Goggles said...

I loved these, too! She looks so much better without all the makeup of her later years.

Post a Comment

Your comments always make my day. Thank you you fabulous blogging specimens!

Copyright Disclaimer:

This blog is a tracking of my ramblings - however sporadic and "un-meaning" my works may be they are still mine (unless otherwise expressed), not yours! No works may be copied from this blog. All works on this blog; writings, photos and recipes must be referenced back to me.