Sunday, June 14, 2009

And So it Goes On...

Right to left: Ahmandinejad and Moussavi.

I know I said that I'd lag with posts because I am going away; but am at the airport now and felt compelled to speak; just read the news that President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was re-elected as president of Iran.

It's saddening news for the many Irani's who were stirred and inspired by Obama and his offering of "Change" last year and who were excited at the hope of a new President, Mir Hussein Moussavi.

NYTIMES: Consequently riots have broken out.

My heart goes out to those whose hopes were quashed...

What do you think this outcome will have on Iran? Continued mal-relations with Western countries?

2 comments:

Cynthia at A Shimmy in My Spirit said...

Sounds to me like it is not over yet and is getting worse. So sad.

please sir said...

It is quite sad. It's crazy how technology like Twitter and Facebook have been so involved.

Post a Comment

Your comments always make my day. Thank you you fabulous blogging specimens!

Copyright Disclaimer:

This blog is a tracking of my ramblings - however sporadic and "un-meaning" my works may be they are still mine (unless otherwise expressed), not yours! No works may be copied from this blog. All works on this blog; writings, photos and recipes must be referenced back to me.