Thursday, September 17, 2009

French Men Love...(?)

Okay, look at the title and try to finish the sentence. French men love... Women? Shoes? Food? Dogs?

These may be true but you know what else they like? Comic books (bande dessinées)!

Are you as shocked as I was? It's almost like discovering that some gorgeous runway model secretly binges on hamburgers at night!


Walking around french bookstore FNAC today, I saw it. A line of men suddenly transformed to little boys, waiting unashamedly with comic books in hand to have their favourite artists' signature.

It wasn't the first time I'd noticed the bande dessinée obsession here in France, but it was the first time I'd seen a large bunch of fully-grown, respectable businessmen flaunting such behaviour.

I must note though, that comic books here are more "adult" (catering to the large market) - but it's still shocking... suddenly they're not so suave and chic - more "geek"?

Anyone else who's travelled to France, did you notice this trend also? What's your view?

2 comments:

Hello Lindello said...

comic books?! really...thats kind of charming :)

Char said...

that would be very surprising to me too. wow

Post a Comment

Your comments always make my day. Thank you you fabulous blogging specimens!

Copyright Disclaimer:

This blog is a tracking of my ramblings - however sporadic and "un-meaning" my works may be they are still mine (unless otherwise expressed), not yours! No works may be copied from this blog. All works on this blog; writings, photos and recipes must be referenced back to me.