Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Normal Eating is; "lots of cookies"!

The NYTimes Health section recently featured an extract from an article written by dietitian Ellyn Satter.

Wonderful photo from simply photo.

There was nothing that struck me about the extract (it's all nod your head, "yes, yes.." holier-than-thou health stuff), until I got to point number three...

Here's some of Satter's normal eating verdict:

3. "It is leaving some cookies on the plate because you know you can have some again tomorrow, or it is eating more now because they taste so wonderful."

So here's to eating that wonderful extra cookie on your plate!

Life's too short, right?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this post, point number 3 I can relate to!

olivia rae said...

oh i love your blog! cookies are delicious, i was craving them all day yesterday!

Annabelle said...

Thanks for the kind words Olivia! Haha, well according to the dietitian it's "normal" to find cookies "wonderful" :-) I may go indulge myself now!

Char said...

I like eating the extra cookie

Hello Lindello said...

Yes indeed! I can never wait tell tomorrow! carpe diem for cookies!

Danielle said...

RIGHT!! Think Ill go eat one right now on that note!

Teresa said...

Amen! Great advice.

Mademoiselle Frou-Frou said...

as an avid cookie-eater, i'm all for enjoying each day with something sweet! i had 3 cookies today!
xox

i'm janis... said...

i'm reading this as i'm eating possibly the best oatmeal cookies of my life. this lovely little post made me feel just fine about reaching for the third cookie...

Post a Comment

Your comments always make my day. Thank you you fabulous blogging specimens!

Copyright Disclaimer:

This blog is a tracking of my ramblings - however sporadic and "un-meaning" my works may be they are still mine (unless otherwise expressed), not yours! No works may be copied from this blog. All works on this blog; writings, photos and recipes must be referenced back to me.