Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Recipe: Granny's Demarara Crunch Biscuits

My Granny has a reputation in my family for being a fabulous cook; over the weekend, I researched this theory thoroughly - it's very true.

Although this is what the scales read after the weekend; I wouldn't change a mouthful!

Make these biscuits with love & share with whomever you consider family:
  • 10 ounces S.R. Flour (280 grams)
  • 8 ounces softened Butter (225 grams)
  • 5 ounces Demerara sugar (140 grams)
  • 2 heaped teaspoons Ground ginger

Mix all ingredients together. Roll into balls around the size of a 20 cent piece (about 1.5 cms). Roll in icing sugar to enable you to roll into a round ball (if in a hot climate).

Place balls onto covered baking tray and push down vertically and horizontally with a fork – it makes a lovely pattern on the biscuit.

Bake in 180°C oven for 15 minutes – (possibly 150°C would suffice).

Makes 30.

5 comments:

Hello Lindello said...

mmmmm sounds good. will try!

Char said...

oh yum...but, what kind of sugar is that? can i get it in the US?

Annabelle said...

Char, demarara sugar is like "Raw Sugar" not sure if you call it that name either. You should have it over there, it's a light brown colour, unrefined and crunchy (gives the biscuit the "crunch") - hope this helps :-)

Molly Jean said...

that photo is hilarious!

MikellSloan said...

Yes! Finally a recipe that I own all of the ingredients for already. You have made my husband very happy.

Post a Comment

Your comments always make my day. Thank you you fabulous blogging specimens!

Copyright Disclaimer:

This blog is a tracking of my ramblings - however sporadic and "un-meaning" my works may be they are still mine (unless otherwise expressed), not yours! No works may be copied from this blog. All works on this blog; writings, photos and recipes must be referenced back to me.