Friday, February 05, 2010

Travel Tip # 2

Pack your own lunch.

Wonderful image of women workers having lunch in their rest room, C&NW Railroad, Clinton, Iowa, 1942 from bayswater97.

Generally nothing you eat on an economy class flight is going to blow your mind culinarily speaking, so pack some small nutritious snacks from home & eat your main meal in your stopover airport or at your final destination. You won't regret it.

As a sidenote to this tip; I found that by not eating the questionable plane dishes & saving my appetite for a main meal in my destination helped lessen jetlag. Mealtime is the best way to get your body into the new timezone.

In my lunchbox, small containers of;
  • almonds
  • dried apricots
  • dried pears
  • crystallised ginger
  • a banana
What's your take on plane food? More to the point, have you ever had a nice plane meal in economy?

6 comments:

Singapore Short Stories said...

Thanks for your post! Some airlines do impose strict conditions for food brought into planes.

Andy said...

Oh that's a lovely image! plane food is okay, but it definitely depends on which airline. i do bring some nuts (pistachio or almond) and dried mangoes, which i love so much.

Nice blog dear. will follow!

xoxo,
andyquirks.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Plane food is always disgusting... they make you feel like a child telling you when and what you can eat!

Ann Marie said...

i ALWAYS bring my own food when i fly. my favorite is orange-honey almonds and a delish salad.

Annabelle said...

OOh I love these travel food tips... the orange honey almonds sound delicious, as do the dried mangoes.

BECKSANDTHECITY said...

I *love* plane food. It has cute little portions and it's generally yummy. I know, I'm a freak!

Post a Comment

Your comments always make my day. Thank you you fabulous blogging specimens!

Copyright Disclaimer:

This blog is a tracking of my ramblings - however sporadic and "un-meaning" my works may be they are still mine (unless otherwise expressed), not yours! No works may be copied from this blog. All works on this blog; writings, photos and recipes must be referenced back to me.